- Clean and dry the Turkey.
- Chop crystalised ginger and candied orange peel, mix with seasoning and rub through the cavity.
- Chop an orange into quarters and place inside the cavity to add moisture and flavour.
- Mix butter with herbs and a little ground mixed spice, and push under the skin around the Turkey breast.
- Coat the Turkey liberally with ginger jam or ginger marmalade. Stud with a few cloves for extra taste and decoration.
- Add seasoning.
- Add a splash of white wine to the bottom of the roasting pan then put in the roasting rack and a few peeled onions rubbed in butter.
- Carefully place your very sticky Turkey into the pan, breast down.
- Cover in a loose tent of foil, shiny side in. This keeps in the moisture.
- Roast sloooooowly.
- Remove the foil in the last half hour to brown the bird.
Serve with a spiced sweet potato soufflé and fat-free roasted potatoes.
Happy (very early) Christmas!